Forum Discussion

Babulu
Contributor
8 years ago

How to calculate the Businessday and skip the holidays in vbscript

I want to calculate the only businessdays, and skip the holidays .For example i want to calculate 3 businessday starting date is 28-11-206 we will skip the today and count tomorrow onwards i.e thursday 01-12-2016 . If any holidays come between the dates we will skip and go to the next day. Could You pelase help me?

6 Replies

• If you are looking for whether the date falls on weekend then, there is a inbuilt function 'Weekday' in VBScript to check if the date falls on weekend or not.

If you want to verify if the date is a public holiday then you will have to create holiday database or map for lookup. For the most of the applications holiday calendar is stored somewhere you can access that and use it for lookup.

Here is the sample code:

Select Case Weekday(DateToVerify)

Case "7"

Log.Message "Date falls on Saturday.. Continue Test" :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="SATURDAY"

Case "1"

log.Message "Drade date falls on Sunday.. Continue Test" :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="SUNDAY"

Case Else

Log.Checkpoint "Date falls on weekdays. Date is : "&DateToVerify :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="WEEKDAY"

End Select

• Kindly check updated reply for your question:

Here is the sample code:

Case "7"

Log.Message "Date falls on Saturday.. Continue Test" :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="SATURDAY"

Case "1"

log.Message "Drade date falls on Sunday.. Continue Test" :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="SUNDAY"

Case Else

Log.Checkpoint "Date falls on weekdays. Date is : "&DateToVerify :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="WEEKDAY"

End Select

• If you are looking for whether the date falls on weekend then, there is a inbuilt function called 'Weekday' in VBScript to check if the date falls on weekend or not. If the date falls on weekend or on a holiday then use DateAdd Function  as specified below.

Here is the sample code:

Case "7"

Case "1"

Case Else

Log.Checkpoint "Date falls on weekdays. Date is :&DateToVerify :VerifyIfDateFallsOnWeekend="WEEKDAY"

End Select

DateAdd Function:

If (IsWeekday = "SATURDAY") then

Date = DateAdd("d",2,NextDate)

If you want to verify if the date is a public holiday, then you will have to create holiday database or map to lookup, since public holidays varies from country to country every year, you should use App holiday data for your date processing.

Babulu
      Contributor

Could You please write the function properly i am not understanding dnyaneshmohite. I have to check the saturday ,sunday and holidays list.The Holiday list as follws("January 01","January 15","January 26","April 17","May 21","July 17","August 15","September 05","October 02","October 11","October 21","November 10")

Please wrtite the function as per above requirement