Forum Discussion

hkap
Contributor
7 years ago

How do i store test data files within my Project so everyone can access it?

I am trying to create central repository so that I can keep all my test data files as well as other login credential information pertaining to my project. What is the best way to keep all these files within the project?

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

TestComplete gives you a project folder.  You can create other folders in there for your data or whatever else you need.

I would also recommend storing those files in whatever source control you are using.  It's always better to have a copy stored away somewhere for emergencies even if they never change.

hkap
    Contributor

Do you have any examples on how to add files or read data from Test Data folder etc.?

hkap
    Contributor

I created Test Data folder and inserted a *.doc file. But I am getting error msg. 'Unable to create a project item of the 'Other File' type, because the specified file does not exist.' I can see the file in TestComplete but some reason my co-worker is getting above error msg.

NisHera
      Valued Contributor

well in TestComplete project IDE you can only deal with test_complete file types.

when Marsha_R mentioned "TestComplete gives you a project folder. " it means the physical folder.

eg C:\Myfolder\TC_Test_Suite\MyTest\Library files in your windows file explore

having said that there some files you can add to Test Complete Stores like this for comparison

there is no common best way for keep those. depends on how your team operates and how convenient for you/team 

For me I keep them separate from TC files & folder structure but essentially under source control !