Forum Discussion

whuang
Regular Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How can I export log files for project test items separately?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way I can export log files for project test items separately?. I would like to keep a copy of the logs for the test that passed when doing regression, but it is not always so lucky that all tests can pass at once. The Log.SaveResultsAs methods exports the log files for the entire project, but I would like to export log files for project test items separately one by one, is there anyway to do that?

Thanks!

15 Replies

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, this is not doable.  Each log is exported individually.  So, you can't select multiples and export them all at once.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi whuang,

I wonder why you need to export several log items at the same time. Could you please describe your use case? Perhaps, we can suggest an alternative solution.

whuang
      Regular Contributor

Hi TanyaYatskovska I usually run one or several project suites at once, which may contain dozens to hundred test cases, and not all of the them can pass together, and I would like to keep a copy of the passed test logs as a reference. For the failed tests, I will pick them out, fix them, and run them seperately, so I don't need to spend time on running the passed test again just for getting a perfect test log. So if in a project suite of 40 test, I had 20 test cases passed, 20 failed, I will hve to export the logs 20 times to get them all.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Are you aware of being able to export the logs in code so that, at the end of each project, you simply export the log for that project?  That way you don't need to right-click/export manually.  Perhaps that is the better solution for you.