Forum Discussion

aims
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Hi All,Has anyone workd with frameworks webix or sencha ?

Hi All,

I need to test our application which is going a major restructure since we change the programming language ffrom delphi to .net. The framework to be used is either webix or sencha. 

Has anyone of you worked with any of the above frameworks? My current problem is that in Name Mapping object properties contain dynamic values which makes it hard to have a stable environment. 

Thank you for your time in advance.

Best regards.

Minas

6 Replies

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

As baxatob pointed out, this is not a problem with the framework or TestComplete but simply a matter of making sure that you massage your NameMapping identification criteria appropriately.  Dynamic properties are not impossible to deal with, but they do take some work to make sure that you have your criteria set up in such a way as to account for them.  Read the documentation available and see what you can figure out.

If you need specific help with components and such, feel free to ask.  Be sure to include as much information as possible concerning what type of component it is and screenshots as to what properties and methods are visible to TestComplete.

aims
        Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

aims
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. 

The problem pint points to the fact that i created a script which functions ok on my workstation. When i make this project a shared one and then i open it from different workstation fails to recognise the objects. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

This is not necessarily unusual.  Different operating systems, system environments, etc., could potentially change values within an application.  Again, if you can provide us with screenshots, code, etc., of the components in question, we can help.