Forum Discussion

platha
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Flash Text box name is not consistant

I am trying to automate flash game using Test Complete. I have a text box in flash UI. In Object Browser some times it is being detected as button and some times as Text element. But when it is detected as text element, its name is like Text(4). But this name is also not consistant, some times it comes as Text(4) and some times Text(6) etc. In this case it becomes difficult to refer this text box in my script. Could you please suggest a consistant way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Pushpa

4 Replies

• Pushpa,

Try using regular expressions. Look into help for "RegExpr Object".

Hope that helps.

Thank you

Syed
  • Hi Pushpa,

We have already replied to you via e-mail within the M0067107 query. Let's continue investigations in this way.

rpateric
    New Contributor
    Hi,

Iam unable to call flash methods in AS3 from TestComplete.

I have used ExternalInterface.addCallback for exposing the methods.

But when i try to call as mentioned in the tutorial, it says "Type Message Time Link

Unable to find the object CelsToReaum(100). 14:59:58 "

Please help !!!!!!!

Regards,

Rupesh
  • Hi Rupesh,

See our reply in the following newsgroup thread:

http://www.automatedqa.com/newsgroups/d.cgi?cmd=xover&group=automatedqa.public.testcomplete&related=41482&utag=

Also, in the future, please do not send us duplicated requests (note that we reply to messages sent via the Contact Support form, AutomatedQA newsgroups, AutomatedQA forums and the TestComplete section of the SQAforums site). This makes processing your requests much more difficult for us and does not increase the requests priority anyway.