cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First of many extensions - nothing added in keyword editor

SOLVED
Super Contributor

First of many extensions - nothing added in keyword editor

I am working on my first script extension as I attempt to neaten up some of the repetitive things that need to be done. I get my lovely item in the keyword test operations pallette. I drag it into a keyword test. The form I created is popped. I fill in fields and click OK. I know the OK code segment is running properly because I had some aqDlg.ShowMessages in there. 

No columns or any data at all is being added to the test.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? Extension source attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: First of many extensions - nothing added in keyword editor

I'm looking through it.  Couple of things:

1) You have data fields defined but no parameters for the operation.  I think this might play a part because there is some indication that you need to actually assign values to the parameters.

2) The OK button, I think, needs to have a ModalResult of mrNone and have an OnClick event which sets the FORM modal result to mrOk

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
5 REPLIES 5
Community Hero

I'm looking through it.  Couple of things:

1) You have data fields defined but no parameters for the operation.  I think this might play a part because there is some indication that you need to actually assign values to the parameters.

2) The OK button, I think, needs to have a ModalResult of mrNone and have an OnClick event which sets the FORM modal result to mrOk

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Super Contributor

Thanks. Starting with #2, I can confirm that the modal setting is correct by virtue of the fact that that code executes properly. (This is how they do it in the tutorial as well.) 

wrt #1

Parameters for which operation? Which parameters?

Community Manager

Hi @vthomeschoolmom,

As far as I understand, the same question is discussed here:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Keyword-operation-script-extensi...

Let's keep the conversation in that thread - there are much more suggestions there.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win
Super Contributor

Most likely case at this time is that Robert is right. I stripped the extension of everything other than the description.xml stuff for the keyword editor. No form, and thus no response to form.

More info to follow. 

(See https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/extending/script/creating/keyword-test-...)

Highlighted
Super Contributor

ANd, of course, it is Robert for the win.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
7Mistakes
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win