Forum Discussion

rrivest
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Error starting TestComplete on command line without CrossBrowsing Cloud Device installed

I'm using a simple .cmd file with parameters to launch TestComplete (intended for TestExecute): 

ECHO OFF
ECHO ENVIRONMENT = %1
ECHO PROJECT = %2
ECHO SCENARIO = %3
REM /SilentMode
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "C:\Users\rrivest\Documents\PWC_Docs\PWC_Work\PLM_Automation\PWC_Auto.pjs" /r /p:%2 /u:CommandRunner /rt:CommandRunner /e /ns /el:C:\Temp\mylog.mht /ENV:%1 /TEST:%3

ECHO %ERRORLEVEL%

In the ProjectSuite and in every project, there's no reference to CrossBrowser nor is the Cloud Device extension installed or enabled.  However, the TestedApps are for 4 of the projects IExplore and one uses Chrome and they are defined in each projects, even the Common one which only holds common functions for all projects.

I always get this Error Dialog (hence the REM for /SilentMode for now)

As well, when TestComplete opens, it is always trying to pack the projectsuite as if it had to send it somewhere... 

Any hints or suggestions ?

• Hi rrivest,

Do you have TestComplete Jenkins plugin installed? 

I'm asking as this plugin has the /env parameter and it can make TestComplete use the CBT integration (more information). Can you please remove /env from your batch file and check if you see the same error?

5 Replies