Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: Invalid Characture found in Text Content

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Error Message: Invalid Characture found in Text Content

Hello!

I have a checkpoint that compares two XML files (newly generated XML file vs "Master" XML file). The check point is failing with the error message "Document is invalid. Error: An invalid Characture was found in text content. "

Can someone help me understand what this error message means?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Error Message: Invalid Characture found in Text Content

Basically, something in the XML file you generated is improperly formatted.  There is a character that is causing problems in the data of a text segment.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
1 REPLY 1
Community Hero

Re: Error Message: Invalid Characture found in Text Content

Basically, something in the XML file you generated is improperly formatted.  There is a character that is causing problems in the data of a text segment.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors