Forum Discussion

VNA
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Earlier script not working for test complete 12.5

Hi,

My script prepared in 12.42 and earlier versions of test complete is not working for latest version means 12.50.

Can any one suggest me on this.

Regards,

Veena.

13 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

We really need a lot more information to be able to help at all. Just saying something doesn't work doesn't provide us whith an information at all. We need examples, application, type, code samples, screenshots of the mapping etc... The more information you provide, the more likely it is that we can help debug the problem. 

VNA
    Occasional Contributor

Do I need to change any settings after installing the latest version

Regards,

Veena.

VNA
    Occasional Contributor

Hi

My script is executing properly but when I am trying to highlight anything, it is not working. How come is it possible.

Please suggest me on this.

Regards,

Veena.

shankar_r
      Community Hero

Do you have conditional mapping in your name mapping?

VNA
        Occasional Contributor

No  we havn't it.

Regards,

Veena.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor
      What do you mean by trying to highlight things? Do you mean from NameMapping highlighting an object on screen? Do you mean highlighting lines in your code? Please provide more details... what EXACTLY is "not working". code examples, screenshots, etc., would be helpful.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

VNA wrote:

Hi,

My script prepared in 12.42 and earlier versions of test complete is not working for latest version means 12.50.

Can any one suggest me on this.

Regards,

Veena.

Define "not working".  That's a  VERY broad term.  

VNA
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, name mapping item is not highlighting on screen and I am trying to highlight object on screen from worspace. it is also not working .

I am unable to highlight object on screen.

Regards,

Veena.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

So, start looking at your component mappings.  Make sure that the components you're trying to work with haven't had property changes.

Use Object Spy on the components in question to investigate what properties are present and their values and compare those to your mapping.  It's possible that the problem is not with TestComplete but with the application, that something changed.