Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically I am unable to get the Standard and Action methods

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Dynamically I am unable to get the Standard and Action methods

Hi,

I have a simple web application with a table and hyper links in each row of the table. I am trying to click particular link using VBscript. I am able to do this in IE with no issue. Below is the code I have used for it.

Set allLinks=gamesPage.Panel("page").Panel("MyContent").getElementsByTagName("A")

For each link in allLinks

Dim strLocation, outerHtmlTxt

strLocation = aqString.Find(link.outerHTML,"xyz", 1)

If strLocation <> -1 Then

link.Click

Exit For

End If         

Next

I am not able to use the same script for FF, I had to change it as given below, to get list of hyper links. But link.Click is giving VBScript error (method not available). But in object browser I could see 'Click' method under Actions section. But when I see variable 'link' in Evaluate-Inspect option, I could see only Firefox methods only. I could not see Click method. Could you please suggest work around to come across this issue.

Also I have tried with NameMapping for this particular Link object ("xyz" link that I wanted to click) and I am able to make Click call on this object.

Thanks in advance.

Pushpa.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Converting UTC TimeDate in an Excel file

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors