Forum Discussion

karthik_p30
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Does Test complete in future supports MAC Os

Hi,

I have tried contacting support persons of Test complete. Till now I am not satisfied with their reply. Hope this helps.

Our application supports both windows and Mac.

We installed test complete 10 trial version and happy that all our test cases succeeded for Windows but still lagging with Mac. Our client agrees to automation testing only if both the OS are automated.

Support person said, in future release we are planning to support mac.

But i need a proper Test complete version and when will be the release date of test complete if mac os is so supported.

Please feel free to mention if it is not supported, because we need to try some other possiblities and we cannot waste time on it.
  • Support for Mac OS is not in the cards right now, so I wouldn't expect it any time in the forseeable future.

8 Replies

• Support for Mac OS is not in the cards right now, so I wouldn't expect it any time in the forseeable future.

jhall68w
      Contributor

Has there been any changes here?  Is Mac OS support in the near future for TestComplete?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Currently, I'm expecting not.  TestComplete is a PC desktop application and, for it to run on MacOS, I'd imagine it would take a pretty big re-write.  

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Karthik,

In addition to Gregory's reply, I've added your vote to the corresponding suggestion in our DB.