Forum Discussion

marsette25
Frequent Visitor
8 years ago
Solved

Do I need the web component of Test Complete to not receive chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND?

I'm testing an angular web app in Chrome 50.0.2661.102 and am only receiving wndChrome_WidgetWin_1 and chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND for object names. Is the web module necessary in order to test Web Apps? We currently only have the desktop module. I've noticed others have received those same object names on the community, too, and didn't know if they also had the web module.

• Yes you need the Web module. Otherwise TestComplete will view chrome as just another process. The Web module will make it appear as a Browser with all the object recognition and special functionality that comes with it.

2 Replies

• Yes you need the Web module. Otherwise TestComplete will view chrome as just another process. The Web module will make it appear as a Browser with all the object recognition and special functionality that comes with it.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Note that you need TestComplete 11.31 to work with Chrome 50. If you have an earlier version of TestComplete, check the local help file and the Patches page for the supported Chrome versions.