cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed Testing - Unable to setup a host - Invalid address message

a565350
Occasional Contributor

Distributed Testing - Unable to setup a host - Invalid address message

I am trying to setup distributed testing using test complete . The slave machines which I want to setup as hosts cannot be searched in the "Address" column of host setup grid. If I manually type in the hostname and click on verify , I get an invalid address error.

I have done all the steps mentioned in below link for distributing testing requirements but there was no success. Can someone please help me with this.

http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/distributed/requirements.html#_...

3 REPLIES 3
baxatob
Community Hero

Re: Distributed Testing - Unable to setup a host - Invalid address message

Did you try to find machines by ip-address? Can you successfully ping them?

a565350
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I tried with the IP address as well. I can successfully ping the machine but while setting it up as a host in Test complete, I get invalid address error. I have tried with both hostname and IP address.

tristaanogre
Community Hero

It almost sounds like the firewall is blocking the requests.  Double check your firewall settings on your machines as per http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/general-info/configuring/windows-firewall.html

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors