Forum Discussion

jsayre
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Distributed Test not initializing

When I try to start up a job that I have created with a test in it on a remote machine, I get the follow message:

Cannot load the remote project. Not all the projects that are currently open on the slave computer contain the NetworkSuite project item

I have my projects setup correctly to the best of my knowledge. Any other possible fixes or reasons for this error?

7 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jeremy,

Was the screenshot made on the master computer? Make sure that the project on your slave computer contains the NetworkSuite node.

jsayre
    Occasional Contributor
    That SS is from the master computer. I found that the slave computer was looking for the network suite in a strange place. It was looking for it inside of a folder called "TestComplete Components" located at C:\TestComplete Components\~

Is there any reason that this would default to looking in a different folder for the network suite?
  • Anonymous experts: 

i have similar issue with the error, were there a solution provided to this?
    jsayre
    Occasional Contributor
    I ended up needing to manually transfer the networksuite to the location it was looking for it. I haven't found a place to manually configure it to look in another location.
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

i have no clue of the exact networksuite item TC is looking for else i would've manually copied to the slave. 

can you please feed me this information?

thanks
  • Now i understand what TC wants however it's not clear enough the way it's descripbed on the support page what should be done and cost time to figure it out.

a networksuite item needs to be added to the project (e.g. in Advace folder) with just a host machine added to it with the same details (address, domain, username & password) as in the host that holds the tasks