Forum Discussion

Saman_Akhtar
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Disable device cloud extension through automation in test Execute 14.4

During test execution using TestExecute, I am getting device cloud pop up. I know how to disable it by following steps.

To disable a plugin

1. Right-click the TestExecute icon in the notification area (tray) and select Install Extensions from the menu. This will call the Extensions dialog.

2. In the dialog, clear the check box next to the plugins you want to disable and click OK.

But my requirement is to disable silently or through automation.

Note: we can update registry key due to access

Any suggestion??

• I tried different approach. So i have automated the below process using keyword test in Test Complete.

right-click the TestExecute icon in the notification area (tray) and select Install Extensions from the context menu.

Uncheck device cloud.

11 Replies

• I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but are you trying to select and unselect different modules during automated test runs? Are using additional command line arguments an option for you? If so, I'd suggest looking at the /EnableModule argument, which can be used to specify precisely which TestComplete modules to enable during test execution.

Saman_Akhtar
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for reply. 

Yes I am trying to unselect  only device cloud module. I had read the same document as you mentioned.

I even tried this \EnableMode parameter with TestExecute and I am able to achieve the desired result.

But unfortunately not going to opt for this option.

The reason is I need to run 1000+ test cases and for each run i need to use \EnableMode.

I already have other parameters to TestExecute.  Because of \EnableMode. its slowing down launching of test execute. I don't want to effect the performance of running of 1000+ test cases.

Hence needed any alternative to this solution.

But thank you for patiently replying to my query 🙂 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> I don't want to effect the performance of running of 1000+ test cases.

Does this mean that you are restarting TestExecute for every test? How your tests are organized?

Saman_Akhtar
      Occasional Contributor

Similar uninstalling option is there for Test Execute. But i am unaware of plugin name for device cloud. Is it possible to specify its exact name?

1 Also any mds or any Test Execute file which if we modify can remove device cloud plugin?

2 Or any way to obtain TestExecute object so that we can go Install Extension -> Disable checkbox next to Device Cloud?

FYI : Plugins location in registry key location is:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SmartBear\TestExecute\14.0\UserData\managers\{69fb0002-d3da-41ed-909b-12bef03232b8}\plugins