Forum Discussion

muthulakshmi
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

DeviceFarm integration with TestComplete

Is it possible to integrate TestComplete scripts with DeviceFarms such as AWS Device Farm, pCloudy or SauceLabs?

• I'm guessing not.  With SmartBear having CrossBrowserTesting tool and the tool BitBar, they are aquiring their own Device Farm solutions.  Currently, CBT integration is available.  BitBar aquisition is more recent so there is no direct integration yet but in a webinar they held, this is something coming in the future.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing not.  With SmartBear having CrossBrowserTesting tool and the tool BitBar, they are aquiring their own Device Farm solutions.  Currently, CBT integration is available.  BitBar aquisition is more recent so there is no direct integration yet but in a webinar they held, this is something coming in the future.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am second to Robert - this is not possible.

The root problem is that TestComplete is essentially commercial Windows application that must be installed on the machine that interacts with device.

Popular device farms support Selenium/Appium. I believe because these libraries do not require licensing and can be installed on both Windows and Linux.

Even CBT makes it possible for TestComplete to test only using Windows OSes and browsers, but without support for mobiles. I see this as one of the major TestComplete current problems and really hope that SmartBear will find some solution to this.

Bitbar, according to my knowledge, is also Linux-based platform and thus I expect the same problems as with CBT.