Forum Discussion

krishnabr
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

[Device Cloud] - Unable to send 'Keys' to CBT remote browser.

Hello,

i am trying to send 'Keys' to browser, it works perfectly fine in local browser, but when i try execute it in CBT remote browser it fails and following is the error message details found.

Unable to evaluate the operation's "Keys" parameter. Error: ReferenceError: Enter is not defined

Following is my line of code
Sys.Browser().Page("*").FindElement("#LoginButton").Keys([Enter]);

tried with all options like 'Click', ClickButton', ClickR, ClickL etc...
any help is appreciated. 

9 Replies

• .Keys("[Enter]")

try it with the quotation marks.

krishnabr
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks hkim5 , tried the way you suggested and getting below error

The specified operation is not supported by the remote instance.

Possible solutions:

• Avoid using the operation on such instances.
      • Use an instance with different capabilities that supports the operation.

Learn more about known issues and solutions Sys.Browser().Page("*").FindElement("#LoginButton")

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am with Justin and my current understanding (based on the knowledge got from the documentation only, so I would appreciate your opinion based on the experience) is like this:

-- .FindElement() method call in  cross-platform mode is translated into Selenium call that is executed on the target system;

-- Documentation says nothing about object type returned as a result of successful method's call, but considering that TestComplete has no access to the tested system and thus the tested application is absent in the Object Browser, I think that native DOM object is returned as a result;

-- .Keys() method is provided by TestComplete and is absent for native DOM objects;

-- For Selenium they suggest to use something like this to send key presses:

driver.findElement(By.id("content")).sendKeys(Keys.SPACE);

So check methods supported by the button DOM object and try to use them.