Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Test Report using TestExecute Logs

Nandhakumar
Occasional Contributor

Customize Test Report using TestExecute Logs

Hi All,

I have TestExecute installed in a remote machine. I have created few test items in TestComplete in my local machine and exported these items to the remote machine. When I run them, I get execution log from TEstExecute after execution. 

I wish to generate a HTML Report that will access these testexecute logs of each test item, fetch the test item name and its status (Pass/Fail) and display it in the report. 

I am currently using the Projects.Log method which fetches all the test runs from the Project log folder (Top level) and prints their status. However, I need to access the location of the Testexecute logs , parse through them and take the required data from it and generate a html report. 

Kindly help me on achieveing this. 

4 REPLIES 4
shankar_r
Community Hero

Re: Customize Test Report using TestExecute Logs

I would say parsing TestExecute log to generate HTML report is a bad idea. Instead, you can create your HTML report in the project.

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

While I agree with Shankar, https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/log/working-with/from-tests.html might appear to be useful.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
shankar_r
Community Hero

Wayback, i created a ScriptExtension to generate HTML reports. You can try that

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Automation-Execution-Report-Read...

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

Nandhakumar
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shankar_r, 

Thank you for the suggestions on generating the HTML Report from TestComplete. I went through the link that you have shared. However, I have no knowledge on JS and hence was scripting using VBscript. 

I have tried to convert your script to VBscript manually and currently facing some syntax issues. Hopefully will resolve them soon and will try to utilize the script. Thank you for your support. 

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors