Forum Discussion

mircea_florian
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Convert the saved xml report to a Junit report

hello guys, 

Did anybody tried to convert the XML report generated by TestComplete into a JUnit report in order to be able to integrate it in Jenkins ? We are not using the TestComplete Jenkins plugin since it's not really suited for our needs so we were thinking of actually converting the XML report into a JUnit format. Could somebody help me ?

Thanks.

4 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

I haven't tried to do this myself, but what about the Jenkins plugin doesn't work for you? 

mircea_florian
      Occasional Contributor

We have a strange way of starting the job - lots of prerequisites before, but let's say we can bypass that. The most annoying thing is that there is nowhere in the report, that TestComplete provides, the build or version of the application you are executing your tests on. In order to manage that, we are modifying the report and insert the version number of the application as a tree node in the final report. 

cunderw
        Community Hero

You could just echo the build number to a text file in your work space directory and read that in at the start of your Test Complete projects and log a message, that's at least what we do.