Forum Discussion

OscarGJ
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Connection with XLSX and CSV

Microsoft Office is not installed on my computer. My question is if I only install the component Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010, is it enough for TestComplete to read csv and xlsx files or do I need a valid license of Microsoft Office? Thanks in advance for your support.

• Xlsx :
    To read yes, to modify you need licence.
    Csv :
    is simple text, no need of anything to use it.
  • By installing Microsoft Database Engine 2010 , you can only read data from xlsx files as a DDT object.

Same is the case for reading data from CSV files.

But if you want to create an excel object and try to read or modify the data , no you cannot do this without valid license of Microsoft Office.

6 Replies

• By installing Microsoft Database Engine 2010 , you can only read data from xlsx files as a DDT object.

Same is the case for reading data from CSV files.

But if you want to create an excel object and try to read or modify the data , no you cannot do this without valid license of Microsoft Office.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for helping, Community!

Hi OscarGJ, please mark the piece of advice that helped you the most as a soultion! Thank you. 

BenoitB
    Community Hero
    Xlsx :
    To read yes, to modify you need licence.
    Csv :
    is simple text, no need of anything to use it.
    jekky
    Occasional Visitor
    1. 1. Upload csv-file.
    2. 2. Select «to xlsx» Select xlsx or any other format, which you want to convert (more 200 supported formats)
    3. 3. Download your xlsx file. Wait till your file will be converted and click download xlsx -file.

myschoolbucks login

• CSV files are commonly used for data exchange between platforms, making the data “raw” again so it can be processed by different applications. This is the most flexible data format. XLSX is the file extension for a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet. ... This makes the data easy to re-group, combine, and re-format. Prepaidcardstatus