Forum Discussion

Raghukatta
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Conditional name mapping not working in test execute

Hi,

I created conditional name mapping few objects. It is working in test complete but not able to identify conditional mapping when I run with test execute. Same scripts were working fine till last week with both test complete and test execution. Not able to figure it out why it is not working now. Are there any settings to enable that? 

Thank you in advance!

• There is no particular setting to turn on or off conditional NameMapping.

However, from TC 12.4x to TC 12.5, there were some changes made in how data is stored in NameMapping, specifically for Conditional NameMapping.

So, if your TestComplete version and TestExecute versions are mismatched, this could be the cause.  Double check your versions.  

If not, we can proceed further but that's the first thing I'd check.

• Yeah... you need to upgrade your TestExecute to 12.50.  While, for the most part, minor version upgrades don't require upgrading across the board, it is strongly recommended to do so and, in this case, while not OFFICIALLY required by SmartBear, if you're using Conditional NameMapping, you need to keep your version consistent.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

There is no particular setting to turn on or off conditional NameMapping.

However, from TC 12.4x to TC 12.5, there were some changes made in how data is stored in NameMapping, specifically for Conditional NameMapping.

So, if your TestComplete version and TestExecute versions are mismatched, this could be the cause.  Double check your versions.  

If not, we can proceed further but that's the first thing I'd check.

Raghukatta
      Contributor

Thank you Tristaanogre. Yes, my test execute version is 12.42 and test complete version is  TC 12.5. Looks like that is the issue.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Yeah... you need to upgrade your TestExecute to 12.50.  While, for the most part, minor version upgrades don't require upgrading across the board, it is strongly recommended to do so and, in this case, while not OFFICIALLY required by SmartBear, if you're using Conditional NameMapping, you need to keep your version consistent.