Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison in Excel sheet : Test complete

SOLVED
syanamala
New Contributor

Comparison in Excel sheet : Test complete

I have to compare the  Excel cells data of one excel with the other.

But when opening it manually it is gving #CALC in cells data and automating through Test complete it is giving #NUM in cells data . Please let me know how to proceed.

Windows OS version : 10 X 64 bit

Office version : 2016

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
syanamala
New Contributor

Re: Comparison in Excel sheet : Test complete

Thanks @tristaanogre ..Your'e right ..i have made changes in the excel settings and it worked fine.,

and Again thanks for ur timely help..

Regards,

SYanamala

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tristaanogre
Community Hero

We would need to have a copy, potentially, of the Excel sheet that you're using and the code you're attempting to execute.

My guess is that the excel sheet has formulas in the cells.  I think (but I'm not certain) that there is some setting somewhere in Excel that automatically resolves formulas.  This needs to be set so that the cells are resolved properly.

Of course, it depends upon how you are interacting with the spreadsheet.  Again, your code would be a big help in understanding this.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
syanamala
New Contributor

Thanks @tristaanogre ..Your'e right ..i have made changes in the excel settings and it worked fine.,

and Again thanks for ur timely help..

Regards,

SYanamala

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors