Forum Discussion

maximojo
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

Comparing performance metrics between test runs

Hi all,

I know LoadComplete can be used for web and you can compare reports etc. But what about for desktop applications, mobile, etc?

We can capture performance metrics in TestComplete, but is there an automated way to compare the data between runs to see if there is an increase? Or possibly show trends across many runs?

I could probably whip something up storing info myself in a database and then running some queries, possibly piping it out to some charting plugin/software thing (and this may be the only way to go) but was just curious if anyone knows of any techniques or out-of-the-box solution that might facilitate this and not have me maintaining a code base for it (or at least maintaining a minimal one).

Maybe there's something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks for any help

m

2 Replies

maximojo
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply Robert! I have used AQTime before and that may be the way I end up going.

However, I probably could do with less horsepower :)

I would like to track data from something like the aqPerformance functions in TestComplete to start with. So just times it takes to run reports, etc. and perhaps pipe that into some tool or database and generate performance related reports over builds as time goes on.

Perhaps this will end up being a feature request for TestComplete i.e. add a function to aqPerformance like aqPerformance.StoreMetrics(database, dataId, data);

Then TestComplete can generate simple reports from this data. 

Or perhaps we can create some Smartbear "open source" project for this :)