Forum Discussion

ductreho
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Code analysis Via TestComplete

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to integrate a code analysis under Test Complete. Is there a plugin or external software able to interact with the code developed under TC

BenoitB
    5 years ago

Cannot link to external code analysis tool but:

- if you have a pipeline in use, perhaps somewhere outiside you can connect on (link to commit in git e.g.)

- if occasional use, you can go to https://jshint.com/ and put your code for review, quite some basic settings available, and moreover you can install locally (node.js) if wanted :

• Hi ductreho,

Apart from the Code Explorer panel mentioned by tristaanogre, TestComplete does not provide any special features for code analysis. You can post a feature request here - this way, other people can vote for your idea. Our product managers check new ideas on a regular basis and select the most popular ideas for discussion with R&D.

For a full development IDE experience, you might want to try TestLeft - another SmartBear tool that allows working with the TestComplete engine right from Visual Studio or Java IDEs. You can learn more about TestLeft here.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What do you mean by "code analysis"?

TestComplete has the following already built in.

ductreho
      Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I was thinking of an analyzer in the visual studio genre. More advanced than TestComplete.

I would like to go much further than explorer code.
      instead of having long functions it is more interesting to have cyclomatic complexity. Have the variables that are not used. Being able to add our own rules ourselves

BenoitB
        Community Hero

Cannot link to external code analysis tool but:

- if you have a pipeline in use, perhaps somewhere outiside you can connect on (link to commit in git e.g.)

- if occasional use, you can go to https://jshint.com/ and put your code for review, quite some basic settings available, and moreover you can install locally (node.js) if wanted :