Forum Discussion

DanH
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Checkpoints on recordsets with multiple tables

Hello,

I have a problem testing the data returned by a SQL stored procedure.

I have set up DBTables for stored procedures which return a single table with no problem; however, I need to check a number of stored procedures which return multiple tables.  I can't find any obvious way to do this in TestComplete.  When I set up a DBTable  to run the stored procedure, only the first of the tables in the recordset is saved.

Would the best way to procede be to run the stored procedure and then create a DBTable for each table in the recordset returned?  Any ideas on the best way to achieve this would be gratefully received.

• I'd have to guess!  If it were me, I'd probably do what DanH came up with and do a DBTable for each table.  There might be a slicker way to do it but sometimes I just do the first thing that will let me move on.

4 Replies

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

I'd have to guess!  If it were me, I'd probably do what DanH came up with and do a DBTable for each table.  There might be a slicker way to do it but sometimes I just do the first thing that will let me move on.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

This is definitely a start Marsha, thank you. 

DanH , how is your progress on this? 

DanH
      Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I mainly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.