Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Network Messages

Highlighted
Contributor

Checking Network Messages

Hi All,

I would like to know if Test Complete has the ability to check for network messages?

Following is what I plan to test:

There are 2 applications that are communicating with each other via network messages. For example, Application A sends a 10700 mesg to Application B which is a "Keep Alive" message. 

I need to check if Application A sends the 10700 message and if Application B receives that message. 

Thanks,

Nimith

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Checking Network Messages

Not "out of the box", but I'm sure you could code something to do so, depending upon the communication protocols.  There are better tools for that kind of testing, though, which you might be able to implement the execution of using TestComplete.  

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Checking Network Messages

Thank you, Robert!

I got some info on Wireshark. Checking to see if there is a way to integrate it with TC!

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Script Wanted
A new challenge is here!

Create a function to drag one element to another for the TechCorner tag!

Will you dare to take the challenge?

Scripts created in July:
- Passing custom command-line arguments as a test parameter
Top Kudoed Authors