Forum Discussion

Amna_Saeed321
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Can we manage multiple NameMap files for one TestComplete Project?

I am working for a  product and we develop multiple implementations of same product for different client. So if i create a Test Complete project for one implementation e.g. A . Can I add another namemap file for implementation B to the same TC project as name map of each implementation gets change?

• you cannot have two name mapping files in one project within TestComplete.

Now with that said, I'm thinking that since this is the same application (with different instrumentations for the separate clients) that the hierarchy and the properties of the objects would remain mostly the same. so for all of the functional UI tests that you've created, the only differences will be the tweaks in the object identifier properties.

so within the same name mapping file, i'd look to use either regular expressions or conditional name mapping to account for the differences in the objects from one implementation of your application to the other, such that you can reliably use the same test cases for the two different implementations of that application,

4 Replies

• you cannot have two name mapping files in one project within TestComplete.

Now with that said, I'm thinking that since this is the same application (with different instrumentations for the separate clients) that the hierarchy and the properties of the objects would remain mostly the same. so for all of the functional UI tests that you've created, the only differences will be the tweaks in the object identifier properties.

so within the same name mapping file, i'd look to use either regular expressions or conditional name mapping to account for the differences in the objects from one implementation of your application to the other, such that you can reliably use the same test cases for the two different implementations of that application,

Amna_Saeed321
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks Guys.. I am doing some RND for multiple screens of my product as per suggested solutions.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you, Community!

Amna_Saeed321 Did you manage to make this work? Please share the progress with us and how you did it 🙂