Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Can I create a Project Template with 3 or 4 scripts already in and ready to use

Hi,

I've been trying to create a Project Template for testing web app's

I have some scripts i use in all my projects to e.g. determine the IE version and assign a web browser object to a var based on that.

I want to create a 'custom web test' template so that when i create a new project, i can choose it as my template, and my project will already have all of these scripts i need, and the TestedApp i use, etc. already in it.

Currently all i can see how to do is create a template that contains the Script 'folder' and then i have to go ahead and add all the scripts i use, every time i create a new project.

Is there some way to create a project template which has multiple ready-to-run scripts already in it?

Thanks,

Paul

2 Replies

• Hi Paul,

There's no way to do this. To make your scripts available in any project, you can create a script extension containing them (see the "Script Extensions" help topic).

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Another possibility would be to use the "clone" feature.  Create your template project and then, when you want to create a new one, go to that project, right click on the project node and select the "Clone Project" option.  That will effectively create a "copy" of the project that you can then adapt for your new set of tests.

One draw back is that if you are using libraried code in a common folder, instead of preserving the links to that libraried code, a copy is made so you would have to relink your libraries.  I think AQA staff has some sort of issue open already for that.