Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a Project Template with 3 or 4 scripts already in and ready to use

Highlighted
Not applicable

Can I create a Project Template with 3 or 4 scripts already in and ready to use

Hi,

I've been trying to create a Project Template for testing web app's

I have some scripts i use in all my projects to e.g. determine the IE version and assign a web browser object to a var based on that.

I want to create a 'custom web test' template so that when i create a new project, i can choose it as my template, and my project will already have all of these scripts i need, and the TestedApp i use, etc. already in it.

Currently all i can see how to do is create a template that contains the Script 'folder' and then i have to go ahead and add all the scripts i use, every time i create a new project.

Is there some way to create a project template which has multiple ready-to-run scripts already in it?

Thanks,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Staff

Hi Paul,

There's no way to do this. To make your scripts available in any project, you can create a script extension containing them (see the "Script Extensions" help topic).

------
Yuri
TestComplete Customer Care Engineer

Learn SmartBear products in a fun and easy way and prove your knowledge!
>>Participate in the TechCorner Challenge today
Highlighted
Community Hero

Another possibility would be to use the "clone" feature.  Create your template project and then, when you want to create a new one, go to that project, right click on the project node and select the "Clone Project" option.  That will effectively create a "copy" of the project that you can then adapt for your new set of tests.

One draw back is that if you are using libraried code in a common folder, instead of preserving the links to that libraried code, a copy is made so you would have to relink your libraries.  I think AQA staff has some sort of issue open already for that.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors