Forum Discussion

hskim
Contributor
8 years ago

Be created garbage data after merge NameMapping file.

Dear,
I made two projects, A and B.
Test scripts were adding in projects by tester.
And then I did merge NameMapping files below.

I understand why the Object of the 'wndAfxFrameOrView90_new' was created, Red box.
Because objects in yellow box and red box are different some items.
And then I did merge again the same files.
But I can't understand why the Object of the 'wndAfxFrameOrView90_new', Blue box.
Objects in red box and blue box are same.
The object in blue box is no need.

Please let me know how can I do that object in blue box doesn't be created.
If it is necessarily, must I delete that by manual?

thanks.

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I would guess that there is still something you don't expect that is changing between the red box and the blue box.  The best thing to do is to reconcile the differences into one branch and manually delete the others.  You may need to put a wildcard in one or more of your definitions to allow for the change to be happening every time.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I'm with Marsha_R... what you are seeing are just the names applied to the aliases.  However, there are properties and such that dictate whether or not an item is unique. So, most likely, there is some sort of property in the commonly named item that is different from run to run that is creating this strange duplication of data.  Without seeing the actual properties being used by NameMapping, I can't say for sure.  But 99% of the time, you'll need to differentiate the items by either adding a wildcard or expanding the property matching to include some other property in addition to what is already being used.

hskim
        Contributor

Dear,

I just merged to repeat the NameMapping files.
        The result is below.

The object is not unique.
        I think it is a problem that smartbear must solve.

Let me know if you have an idea.

Thanks.