Forum Discussion

hskim
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Ask about License

Hi,

I have a customer that bought testcomplete with 1 Web and 1 Desktop and 2 platform of floating license.

And I serve a technical advice.

Test scenario is used by web module and a little used window pop-up.

(I think the window pop-up event is used desktop module.)

Customer want to use the desktop module the other test.

My question is that can customer use licenses the web and desktop module?

Please let me know,

Thanks,

• Multiple users can access the licenses but only one of them can be using a particular license at a time.  With your setup, it is possible to have user A using a Platform license and a Desktop license, and user B using a Platform license and a Web license, all at the same time.  But if user A suddenly needed to use the Web license then he wouldn't be able to (until user B was done using the Web license).

This is assuming that both users have both the Desktop and Web modules installed (which is usually the case).  If, by chance, a machine does not have, say, the Desktop module installed, then TestComplete on that machine would not be able to use the Desktop features regardless of whether or not a license is available...

3 Replies

• Multiple users can access the licenses but only one of them can be using a particular license at a time.  With your setup, it is possible to have user A using a Platform license and a Desktop license, and user B using a Platform license and a Web license, all at the same time.  But if user A suddenly needed to use the Web license then he wouldn't be able to (until user B was done using the Web license).

This is assuming that both users have both the Desktop and Web modules installed (which is usually the case).  If, by chance, a machine does not have, say, the Desktop module installed, then TestComplete on that machine would not be able to use the Desktop features regardless of whether or not a license is available...

hskim
      Contributor

Thank you so much.

Your reply is very useful and helpful.

Thank you again.