Forum Discussion

tmw
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Application under test crashes when calling TestComplete through Jenkins

I have set up a simple TestComplete script that just launches a desktop application.  This test works fine when I run through the TestComplete interface, but when I call TestComplete through Jenkins, it fails with:

Exception code: 0xE0434352.

I am using the TestComplete Jenkins plugin, and during the test run I do see Jenkins connect to TestComplete, launch the TestComplete application and start the test, but then the test fails with the above exception which is written to my TC project logs.

Any ideas?

• I ran some additional tests and found that I can use my script to start several other applications, including a 64 bit version of the application that I am trying to test.  However, the 32 bit version of this application still gives me the .net exception when I initialte TC via Jenkins.  We're still trying to debug this...

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi tmw,

Was the issue resolved? Do you mind sharing the solution with us?

tmw
    New Contributor

I ran some additional tests and found that I can use my script to start several other applications, including a 64 bit version of the application that I am trying to test.  However, the 32 bit version of this application still gives me the .net exception when I initialte TC via Jenkins.  We're still trying to debug this...

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi tmw,

Let me mark your previous post as a temporary solution. Once you find a way to get rid of this issue, please post it here.