Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application under test crashes when calling TestComplete through Jenkins

SOLVED
Highlighted
tmw
New Contributor

Application under test crashes when calling TestComplete through Jenkins

I have set up a simple TestComplete script that just launches a desktop application.  This test works fine when I run through the TestComplete interface, but when I call TestComplete through Jenkins, it fails with:

Exception code: 0xE0434352.

I am using the TestComplete Jenkins plugin, and during the test run I do see Jenkins connect to TestComplete, launch the TestComplete application and start the test, but then the test fails with the above exception which is written to my TC project logs.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tmw
New Contributor

Re: Application under test crashes when calling TestComplete through Jenkins

I ran some additional tests and found that I can use my script to start several other applications, including a 64 bit version of the application that I am trying to test.  However, the 32 bit version of this application still gives me the .net exception when I initialte TC via Jenkins.  We're still trying to debug this...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

Have you been through this setup and do you meet the listed requirements?

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/index.html

Community Manager

Hi @tmw,

Was the issue resolved? Do you mind sharing the solution with us?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
tmw
New Contributor

I ran some additional tests and found that I can use my script to start several other applications, including a 64 bit version of the application that I am trying to test.  However, the 32 bit version of this application still gives me the .net exception when I initialte TC via Jenkins.  We're still trying to debug this...

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @tmw,

Let me mark your previous post as a temporary solution. Once you find a way to get rid of this issue, please post it here.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors