Forum Discussion

mdang
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Adding external python modules into TestComplete

Hello,

I'm trying to add the gnupg module https://gnupg.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ to TestComplete. I have referenced https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/scripting/specifics/python.html#importing-packages&_ga=2.149306224.719498295.1614005674-43115802.1595745618

I have added the gnupg.py file to C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\Extensions\Python\Python36\Lib

and restarted TestComplete. When I try to import the module (import gnupg), TestComplete says 'no module named gnupg'

Is there another step that I am missing?

Thank you!

• from os import sys
    sys.path.insert(0, 'C:\\Users\\justin.kim\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\Lib\\site-packages')

import gnupg

instead of copying the packages into the tc directory, i do this instead and it seems to work... have you given this a try

5 Replies

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

Wow, I am getting the same. I tried installing it with pip and copying everything over, I tried copying just the gnupg.py file across... still nothing.

Just to check, have you installed gnupg's dependencies?

sonya_m Maybe the support page could do with some more examples of installing third-party packages in python. It just says to "put them here", but does that mean we need to install them with pip first and copy them over? Or do we download the package .tar.gz from pypi and extract it directly into the Lib directory?

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

tphillips , I've notified the documentation team about this page's contents!

mdang
      New Contributor

Yep, I also installed the package via pip, and then copied the gnupg.py file into the specified SmartBear directory. I then installed the full Gp4Win as well as the gnupg-w32cli-1.4 binary. My code fails on the import, before the I can even get to the code that creates the GPG object using the w32cli binary.

gpg = gnupg.GPG(gnupghome='/path/to/home/directory')

hkim5
        Staff
        from os import sys
        sys.path.insert(0, 'C:\\Users\\justin.kim\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\Lib\\site-packages')

import gnupg

instead of copying the packages into the tc directory, i do this instead and it seems to work... have you given this a try