Forum Discussion

15 years ago

windows 7 issues

Hi,

I currently am having a couple of issues after upgrading to windows 7. The first is that my scheduled task no longer works. It has the same arguments as on my windows xp machine but all I get is a log saying that the script has ran ok but without it actually doing anything. The second issue is testcomplete hanging and then being unable to do run any scripts until I have rebooted the machine. Is there any way around these issues or do i need to wait for a new version of testcomplete?

Thanks,

Jo

1 Reply

• Hi Jo,

First of all, please check whether the problem persists in TestComplete 7.50 (if you are not using this version yet). If it does, please provide us with some additional information.

>>>

The first is that my scheduled task no longer works. It has the same arguments as on my windows xp machine but all I get is a log saying that the script has ran ok but without it actually doing anything.

<<<

Please provide us with the exact command line you are using. Also, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message). Make sure that messages in your log correspond to the latest version of your tests.

>>>

testcomplete hanging and then being unable to do run any scripts until I have rebooted the machine

<<<

Please provide us with steps which lead to the hanging. Also, please follow the instructions below to help us collect more information about the problem:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

and install it.

2. When TestComplete and (or) the tested application hang(s), run two instances of WinDbg ("C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe").

3. Attach the first WinDbg instance to TestComplete's process and attach the second instance to the tested application's process (File | Attach to a Process).

4. Type the following command in the Command window of the first instance of WinDbg :

.dump /m "C:\TCDump.dmp"

and press Enter. 

5. Type the following command in the Command window of the second instance of WinDbg:

.dump /m "C:\AppDump.dmp"

and press Enter.

6. Click Go on the WinDbg toolbar (or press F5) in both WinDbg instances. Wait for one minute and click Break (or press "Ctrl + Break") in both instances of WinDbg.

7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to save another set of dump files with different file names.

8. Without a delay, repeat steps 6 and 7 two more times. 

9. Send us all of the dump files created in the steps above via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message).

Thanks in advance.