Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testComplete 14.20 + cannot access the user defined function

SOLVED
Super Contributor

Re: testComplete 14.20 + cannot access the user defined function

@tristaanogre 

Here are the logs of the testItems when ther are run separately.

Super Contributor

Seem Like TC 14.20 is broken as Support team is also getting the same issue. 

Super Contributor

Working with the Support Team . They have forwarded the case to developers .

Highlighted
Super Contributor

TestComplete 14.20 has bug in JavaScript . Support team has provided the patch for it. 

Community Hero

Is this a patch that you can share? Or should we request it from support directly?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Super Contributor

Here is the patch 

Patch Installation Instructions for TestComplete 14.20.

1. Download the patch archive (TestComplete_14_20_CC_19301.zip) using the following link:
    https://webtocasefiles.s3.amazonaws.com/Patches/TestComplete/14/14.20/CC-19301/TestComplete_14_20_CC...
  2. After you have downloaded the archive, unzip the patch files to the appropriate locations (back up the existing files before doing this, just in case):
    \Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll => %programfiles(x86)%\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll
    \x64\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll => %programfiles(x86)%\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\x64\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll

Patch Installation Instructions for TestExecute 14.20.

1. Download the patch archive (TestExecute_14_20_CC_19301.zip) using the following link:
    https://webtocasefiles.s3.amazonaws.com/Patches/TestComplete/14/14.20/CC-19301/TestExecute_14_20_CC_...

2. After you have downloaded the archive, unzip the patch files to the appropriate locations (back up the existing files before doing this, just in case):
\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll => %programfiles(x86)%\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll
\x64\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll => %programfiles(x86)%\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\Bin\Extensions\EcmaScript\aqEcmaScript.dll

View solution in original post

New Contributor

The patch link for TestComplete doesn't work (anymore) for me. Is there another way I can get this patch?

Thanks.

Super Contributor

@ACvZ 

Copy and paste the URL it work in my case. When I directly click on the link it do not work .

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Seem like when I copy and paste the URL in this forum , URL remain incomplete .. Not sure why it is happening. 

@Tanya any idea ?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors