Forum Discussion

testcmpleteuser
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

test complete unable to recognize properties of a new tab

Hi,

I have a scenario in  my testing where clicking on a button opens up a new tab in the existing browser. While rcording the actions on the new tab, it automatically maps the objects of the new tab to that of the existing tab. So, running the test fails. 

I updated the object mapping for Tab Control to include the WndClass(Chrome_WidgetWin_1) as shown in the object browser, but that didnt help either. When I tried mapping the object(new tab) mannually, it just highlight the objects of the first tab. Although the window captions of both the tabs are different( one has window caption as MACHOPLIST-Google Chrome and another has MainMenu-Google Chrome

here is what test complete does when I try to view object properties of the second tab; I have to click OK object on the second tab but test comlplete automatically clicks on the first tab.The highlihted object in the figure is that of the first tab.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

TanyaYatskovska
    10 years ago

Hi,

Downgrading Chrome isn’t a simple task. It’s already discussed many times here. You can search for the discussions. I would recommend that you update to TestComplete 10.6. Only the latest product versions support newest browsers.

9 Replies

Ryan_Moran
      Valued Contributor

I believe this was fixed in TC Version 10.60.

"

Web Testing

• Fixed: If several tabs were open in Chrome, the Object Spy incorrectly highlighted elements on tabs other than the first one."
      testcmpleteuser
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Thanks.

The test complete version I have is 10.50 and chrome version is 41. But I didnt see anything for Chrome v.41 in the link attached. I can try downgrading the existing chrome version to that of 40 but I am concerned about the existing tests that I created in 41 - they might not work. Please suggest.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Downgrading Chrome isn’t a simple task. It’s already discussed many times here. You can search for the discussions. I would recommend that you update to TestComplete 10.6. Only the latest product versions support newest browsers.