cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refresh page

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

refresh page

When I execute my script in TestComplete6, it opens the application and clicks one of the links on home page and display the following error "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". In order to continue my script execution successfully, I need to press F5 key manually on key board for page refresh. Can any body suggest how to solve this issue with out manual interference.
dhanu
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

RE: refresh page

Hi,

Place the code below after the line where the click is performed:

//JScript

var AW = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow();

AW.Page("*").Keys("[F5]");

-----

Alexander
Customer Care Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thank you.I am using VBscript.Please can you send me VBScript code for page refresh.
dhanu
Highlighted

Hi,

Here is the VBScript code:

' VBScript

Dim AW

Set AW = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow()

Call AW.Page("*").Keys("[F5]")

-----

Alexander
Customer Care Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Still I have problem in refreshing page.Please see the script beolw.

Sub QC_Links

Call QC_Initialize

Call Close_IE

Dim p1

Dim w1

Dim AW

TestedApps.iexplore.Run

Set p1 = Sys.Process("iexplore")

p1.Page("https://localhost/easylink/").Panel("pagewidth").Table(0).Cell(2, 0).Panel("content").Panel("contentContainer").Panel(0).Table(0).Cell(1, 1).Link(0).Click

Set w1 = p1.Page("https://localhost/LabManager/EasyQC/views/period/ControlDashboard.faces?auth=Y")

Set AW = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow()

Call AW.Page("*").Keys("[F5]")

Call w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 1).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel("dashboardLinksContainer").Link(2).Panel(0).TextNode(1).Click(233, 33)

w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Link(3).Click

w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Link(4).Click

w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Link(5).Click

Call Close_IE

End Sub
dhanu
Highlighted

Hi,

It is a bit strange as your code works fine for me. Nevertheless, I can suggest that you call the native Refresh method of the page object:

--
Dmitry Nikolaev

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors