Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

"The background TaskHost.exe process crashed."

Just upgraded to 12.6 yesterday.  Running a keyword script.  Getting a new error - "The background TaskHost.exe process crashed."   

Does anyone know what this means?  How to make sure never happens again?  

I'm able to run from the current step fine after closing the error.  

• Hrm, that is strange.  The thing is, unless you specify not to in the project, TestComplete doesn't ignore processes in the Windows environment.  So, TaskHost may have been trying to do something that, with TestComplete "looking" at it, caused a failure.

If you go to Tools | Current Project Properties | Open Applications | Process Filter, you can specify TestComplete ignore certain system processes.  Give this a try and see if it helps.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Hrm, that is strange.  The thing is, unless you specify not to in the project, TestComplete doesn't ignore processes in the Windows environment.  So, TaskHost may have been trying to do something that, with TestComplete "looking" at it, caused a failure.

If you go to Tools | Current Project Properties | Open Applications | Process Filter, you can specify TestComplete ignore certain system processes.  Give this a try and see if it helps.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Was this right after your upgrade?  Perhaps TestComplete needed a reboot to clean things up.  

RichBopp
      Contributor

Sorry for the late reply, all.  I took some time for Christmas.   Robert's suggestion seems to have worked.  I've not seen the issue since.  Kudos.

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor
    Try to ignore other application apart from tested apps from Tools | Current Project Properties | Open Applications | Process Filter.