Forum Discussion

Poornimak79
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

" Error: the Object invoked has disconnected from its clients " is displayed while using Object Spy.

hi 

i am trying to record a keyword test and while playing back the object was not being identified ( it was clicking on some other option on the screen) hence was trying to 

check for the properties using Objec  Spy -> Point and Fix option.

in the Properties -> for Enabled / Height / visible / Width -> i see the Error: the Object invoked has disconnected from its clients "

and when clicked on "Object browser" on the Object spy window it says:

Uanble to highlight this object in the object tree, because it does not exist.

Can some one help here.

Test Complete version: 14.0.317.

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Most probably this means that the target object was destroyed and recreated in the tested application's code and this invalidated the reference to the initial object that TestComplete worked with. You need to search for the object a-new and use new found object.

Poornimak79
      Occasional Contributor

how can i do that , can you please elaborate.

Thank you

Poornima

Poornimak79
        Occasional Contributor

i realized what mistake i was doing, while using the "Point and Fix"  option 

i was highlighting the object and then performing a click action and then was keying Ctrl+Shift+A

hence it was returning error as Test Complete didnt knew what to read after click.

the correct way was to highlight the object that is to be identified and then key in Ctrl+Shift+A.

it worked.

Thank you

Poornima