Forum Discussion

Pavel_1
Contributor
15 years ago

problem when lauching tests remotely on a locked computer via NetworkSuite

Hi,

I've just started looking at NetworkSuite functionality, and it would be very useful to lauch distributed tests on a locked computers.

But I had several problems here.

When I launch a master project without logging in (user session is already active on the remote machine) - everything works fine.

But when I specify login info in order to login to the locked computer - the verification passes successfully and even several actions are
perfomed: tested application is lauched, some text sent to controls via
"Keys" method, but when the script tries to select an item from
combobox via "ClickItem" it throws an error - unable to close this
combobox.

And, besides that if I set "show remote desktop window" it will be shown just a few seconds during the "Fast verification" process and then it disappears.

What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

4 Replies

• Hello Pavel,

>>> if I set "show remote desktop window" it will be shown just a few seconds during the "Fast verification" process and then it disappears. 

A similar problem has already been fixed. Please try using TestComplete 7.51. Do you see the problem when using this version?

>>> when the script tries to select an item from combobox via "ClickItem" it throws an error - unable to close this combobox.

Try logging off all users from the slave PCs before running your test, make sure to specify the proper login information for the hosts and run your test.

Do you get any problems in this case?

• You are right Alex, seems I should use newer version.

The problem occured because TC lost access to GUI of the slave computer - scripts worked in the same way as if I would launch them from remote desktop and minimize the window. And I see that such issue was fixed in 7.5 version (I was using 7.2)

• After I updated TC to 7.51 the problem with loosing access to GUI disappeared.

But I've encountered with another one - the shown remote desktop window of a slave computer is too small, I have to make positioning and resizing for each tested form so that it could fit this window (and that is not always possible: some forms should have fixed size, some are just too big etc), otherwise I will get errors in log like : "There was attempt to perform an action at a point which is beyond the screen". The option "show remote desktop window" doesn't matter here.

Is there any way to set up the remote desktop size? Or may be any other solutions?

Thanks in advance
  • Hello Pavel,

Currently, it is not possible to affect the size of the remote desktop window opened by TestComplete.

We will consider improving this functionality. Thanks for your feedback.