cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any way to extract log reports

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

is there any way to extract log reports

Is there any framework or any functionality is there to export Log file into a required report format?

I am looking for a test summary report in either FE level or User story level or Test case level instead of whole MHT file.

I developed a Data-driven framework, but i am not able to upload my log into user desired model using test complete.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: is there any way to extract log reports

There is no built in functionality to format a report in those formats.  This is something you'll have to write the code for yourself to do the appropriate export.

What I would actually recommend doing is, as a part of your DD framework, have it build a custom report from there rather than do a log export.  Each test case you run in your framework can then output the results in the format you desire based upon your framework setup.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors