Forum Discussion

roopesh
New Contributor
8 years ago

i recorded a scenario of adding ,its openin add page & enters all the data but failing to save

i recorded a scenario of adding ,its opening  add page & enters all the data but failing to save

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

My guess, without seeing your scenario, is that there is a step or something missing in your automation or something in your automation recording that is not executing properly.  I'm assuming that you are using a keyword test to do so. Could you take a screenshot of your test and post it here? Or, if you recorded script code, please paste it here and we can help you debug it.

A couple of things to look at:
    1) Turn on Visualizer during playback. That should give you screenshots of your test's interactions with the UI so you can see if it's clicking the right buttons

2) If you are testing something that has a very active/dynamic page, it is possible that, after your last data entry, the "save" button MIGHT not be immediately available. You might need to add delays into your tests or add some sort of detection step to make sure the save button is active before the click is attempted.

3) Verify that, on your data page, you haven't inadvertantly left out a "required" field. Easy enough to do in a recording.

baxatob
    Community Hero

By providing more details you are helping us to make more exact reply. 

Otherwise I can suggest that your "Save" button is disabled.

Please clarify:

- what is your application under test;

- what steps are you doing to implement your scenario (code or keywords sample);

- what kind of error do you receive;

- better if you can attach a screenshot of problematic area and/or properties of problematic element;

- any other useful information.

Thank you.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I have seen this happen when a test is using Set_Text or SetText instead of Keys to enter the data.  The field will appear to have been filled in but it doesn't really exist, so Save does nothing.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

That's especially the case where there are validation events that fire on a change of focus on the field... these events don't fire on SetText all the time.

Change your calls of "SetText" to "Keys" and see if that corrects the problem. 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

> [...] there are validation events that fire on a change of focus on the field... 

Yes, this was a case previously, but it was announced (for some version of TC12.x, IIRC) that this was improved and the event is triggered now for SetText method. Though, I did not check this and admit that it might not work for all cases...