Forum Discussion

mikileung
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

how to enter next line in SAP

Hi, 

I have created a keyword test to create exchange rate in SAP. However, when I make it into a data driven loop test, it can only enter the first line of the table, may I know how to make it move down to the next line? 

I have mapped my object, and what I need to do is to make the Object idStr tbl*[1,1] to tbl*[2,1] to tbl*[3,1], tbl*[4,1]..., same to the objectidentifier. 

thanks 

Marsha_R
    4 years ago

I can't tell what your main data driven loop is doing, but what you may need to do is nest another loop (data driven, or a while loop, depends on the use)  inside that one to go through the table.  That's how you make it change rows automatically.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You need to make the first value in tbl* reference into a variable so you can change the value, something like

tbl*[MyRowNumber,1]

If you post the part of your test where you're using tbl*, then we can be more specific.

mikileung
      Occasional Contributor

My test steps are 

1. search for "OB08"

2. Click the tile 

3. Click "new entries, then there will be an empty table to fill in the following (see image) 

As you can see the value field are pointing to an excel file (variables) where I typed in all the values for Extype, ValidFrom, From currency, To currency, and the indirect quotation. 

If I manually change the object idStr and ObjectIdentifier, I can identify the next line. However, I want to make it automatically move down to next line. Tried to use the variable way you mentioned, but I am struggling with it, I am not sure how to make the variable works. Thanks. 

mikileung
        Occasional Contributor

hi, is there anyone can help me with this?