cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to capture the Text inside the logo or image

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

how to capture the Text inside the logo or image

We do have web application where we are trying to check the status of the application. In order the check the status of the application - we verify the title of the application. Title of the application is in the image. When we do Object spy the object spy do not highlight the text which is title. It highlight the image . 

so how can we retrieve the text ?

Attached the screenshot. 

7 REPLIES 7
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: how to capture the Text inside the logo or image

It's an image.  So, there is no "text" object to validate.  You will need to find some way of confirming that the image is the expected image.  You may need to do a Region comparison/image comparison to do what you want to. I'm not sure any sort of OCR or text recognition will work for that image as it is a stylized graphic text rather than standard text within the image.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
shankar_r
Community Hero

If you are using a new version of TestComplete, you may grab some text from that image. try it out

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

Marsha_R
Community Hero

If different images are displayed depending on the status of the application, then there must be something that decides when the image should be changed.  Could you set a variable at that decision point to some value that indicates the status and check that instead?

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

@shankar_r

I have not updated to the new version of testComplete 12.6 . Still working with TestComplete 12.5 

What are your feedbacks on TestComplete 12.6. ? 

Thanks

NG

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

@shankar_r

I just installed the TestComplete 12.6.

Do you think the issue can be resolved only if we have Intelligent Quality feature enabled ?

Please update 

Thanks

NG

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

@shankar_r

I do  not find any difference in Object recognization by Object Spy in 12.6 provided that Intelligent Quality feature is not enabled as we do not have additional subscription for this 

Thanks

Nishchal

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi Nishchal,

Yes, I am pretty sure that Shankar talked about new AI text recognition.

I am not sure if TestComplete trial also includes trial for AI (though this seems logical) and you may request the trial and check it yourself. However, as others said here, I am far not sure that it will work considering how stylized the text is on the provided screenshot.

P.S. Out of curiosity (and in order to get an idea about modern UI/UX 'design' trends 🙂 ) : is this image with the text the only indication of the current status? What if images are disabled in the client's browser? Or the request that returns a proper image fails? Maybe the page markup contains something else that can be used to verify the status? (For example, the text of the 'alt' attribute of the target 'image' tag?)

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors