Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
6 years ago

how to capture the Text inside the logo or image

We do have web application where we are trying to check the status of the application. In order the check the status of the application - we verify the title of the application. Title of the application is in the image. When we do Object spy the object spy do not highlight the text which is title. It highlight the image . 

so how can we retrieve the text ?

Attached the screenshot. 

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It's an image.  So, there is no "text" object to validate.  You will need to find some way of confirming that the image is the expected image.  You may need to do a Region comparison/image comparison to do what you want to. I'm not sure any sort of OCR or text recognition will work for that image as it is a stylized graphic text rather than standard text within the image.

shankar_r
    Community Hero

If you are using a new version of TestComplete, you may grab some text from that image. try it out

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

If different images are displayed depending on the status of the application, then there must be something that decides when the image should be changed.  Could you set a variable at that decision point to some value that indicates the status and check that instead?

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

shankar_r

I have not updated to the new version of testComplete 12.6 . Still working with TestComplete 12.5 

What are your feedbacks on TestComplete 12.6. ? 

Thanks

NG

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

shankar_r

I just installed the TestComplete 12.6.

Do you think the issue can be resolved only if we have Intelligent Quality feature enabled ?

Please update 

Thanks

NG