Forum Discussion

Tony_1
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

functionality change in TC6 with TFS compared to TC7.5 with TFS

I have an install of TC6 and TC7.5 with TFS for source control. One thing I noticed is that in TC6 when I edit a script I get the popup that asks "Do you wish to check out this file?" I can click "No" and I'd still be able to edit the file locally(which is great!). Now in TC7.5 if I click no, I cannot edit the file. This seems to be a bug. If not, then why did they change this? I liked the ability to change a file locally then if I wish I can checkout / checkin my changes.

Thanks,

TC

3 Replies

• Hello Tony,

We have changed the behavior in TestComplete 7 because the previous behavior did not correspond to the general approach of using SCC systems. Currently, you can unbind your project suite from the database, modify the files as needed and bind the project again if you need to make some changes without checking the project out (for example, for some debug purposes). In addition to that, our DB contains a suggestion to implement more convenient temporary unbind functionality, and your request has increased the suggestion's rating. Thank you.

pbull
    Occasional Contributor
    Yeah me too, I find this quite inconvenient.  It would be great if you could implement an option other than unbinding and rebinding the whole project.

Thanks,

Paul