Forum Discussion

radu
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

decompose WEB controls/get access to some custom WEB controls sub-objects

Dear all,

I'm testing the printing functionality of a web application (displayed with Chrome 68). I can see in the ObjectBrowser that there are some object corresponding to the page, but I do not have access to their children. How can I access things like buttons (the Print button) from the displayed page? Please see the attachements.

Note1: you can see the properties of the object with the Print button in the screenshots;

Note2: the objects are identified as Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND (ClassName) or as Chrome Legacy Window (WndCaption) or as Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND (WndClass);

Note3: I know there is an older discussion ("Need Help to identify chrome legacy window object") but I don't know what to add to the TestedApplication (chrome executable?; web page url?)

Thank you for your time and support!

R

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I see FireFox in your Object Explorer and Chrome.... question... that print popup.... is it coming up when you're printing from Chrome or from FireFox?

Additionally, you mention in another thread that you noticed Chrome is running Chrome 68 and you're running TC 12.42.  In that other thread, I recommended upgrading to TC 12.50 to be able to support Chrome 68... is this problem here related to the mismatch of Chrome versions to TC version as mentioned?

radu
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert!

I thank you for your answer.

I'm currently working only in Google Chrome (GC) because this is the required browser to be used (for testing this project). The popup is different in Firefox (i.e. is more simpler: it just asks me for chossing the printer (please see the atachment)). I think this new type of controls/popup is something created by Google.

Regarding your other question, I can confirm that using GC 64.0.3282.140 (official build 64bits), SmartbearTestExtension12.0.2 and TestComplete 12.42.3048.7 x64, when one wants to print something (i.e. an email from his/hers favourite email web page) some controls appear that are not visible with TestComplete - only some high level controls appear, and I don't know how to deal with its sub-object/children.

Anyway, let's just think there is no incompatibility between GC and TC and return to my initial question: how/where to add this new controls to make them accessible by tests functions? (As an example/similar case (probably) I know that if one finds some weird WPF controls, he/she can add them to the project properties and TestComplete might understand them and it would decompose these controls allowing access to the desired objects/children; I don't know what is the control type/name to add (that's why I've attached some images with some properties in the initial post) and where to place them - this web application is not a WPF one:) )

I thank you once again for your time and support!
      R