Forum Discussion

jkrolczy
Regular Contributor
5 years ago

Win10: TC14.1: Object Spy issue with Edge for a sign in popup

Win10 : TC14.1 : Edge 11.0.17763.592

I am automating a web based application.

I initially started with IE11 and I am working in the fwk working with Edge and Chrome.

This web app has a sign in pop up.

So I have successfully ObjectSpy'd the window from IE11 and Chrome where it can recognize the popup sign in window.

This finds the window and the username and password textboxes.

When I try the same approach with Edge, ObjectSpy is just recognizing the whole complete browser window.

It does not penetrate further in, nor to the sign in pop up window nor the username and password textboxes.

I have aways used IE11. So learning the ins/outs of Edge and Chrome settings for TestComplete ... I could be missing a setting here somewhere.

Need some suggestions and help here.

I have looked over the Preparing Edge for Web Testing.

KB4051963  - I do not think I have this installed - how important is this. Will it solve the above issue?

Thanks

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I don't know exactly if it will solve your issue, but I know that the preparation instructions that are given for each browser are what Support has determined will allow TestComplete to work best on the browsers.  

If it was me, I would install that patch as well as not skipping any of the other steps.  Then, if you still have a problem, you can tell Support that you've done what was published and it still didn't work.

jkrolczy
      Regular Contributor

Just getting back to this one.

So I am on a Win10 x64 based  Build 1809 and 1903

So KB4051963 seems to be based against 1709 build.

When trying to apply patch, it is invalid.

Does/Did ? KB4051963 get folded into the Build 1809 and 1903