Forum Discussion

LinoTadros
Community Hero
6 years ago

Where is the Launch function for browser Object in 12.5?

Hi

In TestComplete 12.5, I am missing the "Launch" function on the Browser object

I don't want to use "Navigate" which waits on the page to render.

I use "Launch" to go to a URL and not wait for the page to render.

In TestComplete 12.5 that function is gone

Am I blind?  Bring back my "Launch" please! I will protest at Connect 2018 :)

Cheers

Lino

3 Replies

LinoTadros
    Community Hero

Oh boy,

I am getting old :(

Launch was taken out several years ago it looks like.

I used to use it for all my Web apps that require basic authentication (pops a windows dialog for entering the username and password)

The Navigate command does not work in this case because it is going to wait on the page to load which it won't because we are waiting for the credentials to be entered and verified.  So I used Launch to go to the url and it does not stop the code so I can enter the username and password in the windows dialog and then wait for the page to load.

It worked perfectly.

Today I needed this functionality but 12.5 laughed at me and said I was too old :)

It pointed me to this documentation https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/controls/web/general/login/index.html  Which shows that the TC R&D team want us to be even more lazy by implementing that scenario already for us without worrying about Launching or Navigating

Cheers

Lino

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Hey, Lino!  Good to see you!

I'm looking at my version of TC 12.42 and I don't have a "Launch" function per se.  In KeywordTests, under the Web Category, I have Navigate (which, as you said, waits for page render) and "Run Browser". 

In the Sys.Browser object and in the BrowserInfo object, I don't have a "Launch" function, either.  Could you post an example of that "Launch" function in use? I'm not finding any reference to it in the prior versions I have installed (12.40, 12.41, and 12.42).

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Lino taught us that at Connect last year!  It's in my notes!!