Forum Discussion

10 years ago

What is the best checkpoint to use for checking the content of an Outlook 2010 email message?

Hi,

I would like to verify the text message content of an opened email in Outlook 2010.

TestComplete displays in the Object Spy for the property "FullName" the following:

Sys.Process("OUTLOOK").Form("Test in TestComplete - Message (HTML) ").Window("AfxWndW", "", 1).Pane("Form Regions").Window("#32770", "", 1).Panel("Message").Panel("Document1").Panel("Message")

Among the other properties of this object, I could not find a property returning the text content (like "Value", or "Text"). It is empty. So I concluded I cannot use a Property Checkpoint in my keyword test.

I tried to use the Region Checkpoint, but everytime I run the test again, it fails since the region is not recognized properly.

TestComplete returns

The images are not equal. The size of the images is different.

The pixel difference is 0 %.

The color difference is 0 %.

There is a slight difference between the compared images. If you want the checkpoint to report them as equal, set its Pixel Tolerance parameter to 1. Click here to change the parameter automatically.

I changed the Pixel tolerance to 1, but still the same problem occurs again with the same message

Could you please advise me on the best way to check the text content of an email in Outlook 2010?

Thank you

/Thomas Brossamain